Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter (also known as Five Nights at Freddy's 4) is an indie point-and-click survival horror game developed by Scott Cawthon for Microsoft Windows, Android, and iOS. The game was released on July 23, 2015 for Windows and July 25, 2015 for Android with an iOS port currently in the works.
The game opens up with a child being locked in his room with his stuffed toys of Fredbear, Freddy Fazbear, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy who are his friends. The Fredbear plush tries to comfort the child but after the child repeatedly bangs on the door to be let out, he falls to the floor and cries in the fetal position. Fredbear exclaims "Tomorrow is another day".
After completing Night 1, the child is found to no longer be locked inside his room. Fredbear warns the child that someone is hiding again and that they will not stop until he finds them. After searching the house, the child is scared by a man wearing a Foxy head from behind the television. This causes the child to fall to the floor crying with Fredbear exclaiming "Tomorrow is another day".
After completing Night 2, the child is no longer in his room but is at what-is-assumed-to-be Fredbear's Family Diner crying under a table. It is revealed that the child was left there with the culprit knowing that the child hates the diner. The Fredbear plush encourages the child to hurry for the exit. However, a man dressed in a Fredbear suit blocks the way to the exit causing the child to go in the opposite direction in order to find help. As the child runs this way, he sees the shadows of animatronics and is too afraid to make it any further. He falls to the floor crying as the man in the Fredbear suit catches up. The Fredbear plush says "Tomorrow is another day" again.
Upon completion of the third night, the child is crying on the floor of the restaurant again. The Fredbear plush once again encourages him to get up. This time the child manages to make it to the exit. As he walks down the sidewalk, he finds many kids who question why the child is crying. One of them reveal that the child's birthday party is the party that is happening in two days. The child manages to make it home safely but Fredbear warns the child to be careful. The child makes it to his room where the man wearing the Foxy head scares him from under his bed. Fredbear says "Tomorrow is another day".
After the fourth night is completed, the child is found trapped inside the Parts and Services room of the restaurant. The child crying and scared begs to be let out by whoever trapped him in there. His pleas go unheard and he collapses to the floor crying.
Once the fifth night is completed, the child is inside the main room of the restaurant again surrounded by the man wearing the Foxy head who turns out to be the child's older brother and his friends who are dressed in Freddy, Chica, and Bonnie heads. The group comments on how the child's crying and fear, finding it hilarious. The group picks up the child to give him a closer look at the animatronics with the child begging them not to. The group eventually holds the child up close to the Fredbear animatronic in order to give Fredbear a "big kiss". They put the child's head inside the jaws of Fredbear and watch and laugh as the child panics. However, things come take a turn for the worse as Fredbear bites down on the child's head leaving everyone silent.
After completing Night 6, the child is seen talking to the Fredbear plush and the other stuffed toys in his mind. Fredbear says that the boy is broken and that they are still the boy's friends. As the other stuffed toys fade away, Fredbear claims that he will put the boy back together before finally fading away too. This causes the boy to cry even more.
- Unnamed child - The main protagonist that that player controls during cutscenes and regular gameplay. This child is also speculated to be the same one that the player controls in the minigames. In the minigames, the child is terrified of animatronics except for the plush toy versions of Fredbear, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy who are his friends. He is ridiculed by others for his fear mainly his older brother who constantly scares him. The child later becomes mortally injured from an encounter with the Fredbear animatronic becoming whom is speculated to be the "The Bite of '87" victim which is an event that was previously mentioned in the first game.
- Nightmare Bonnie - The nightmare version of the Bonnie animatronic. He will try to kill the player by accessing the left door. He can attack the player from the hallway if the light is flashed on him when he is right outside the door or from within the bedroom if he is able to get in.
- Nightmare Chica - The nightmare version of the Chica animatronic. She will try to kill the player by accessing the right door. She can attack the player from the hallway if the light is flashed on her when she is right outside the door or she can use the cupcake animatronic she carries to attack the player from within the bedroom if it is able to get in.
- Nightmare Freddy - The nightmare version of the Freddy animatronic. He will kill the player if the bed is not checked regularly. His miniature counterparts will gather on the bed and if they are not actively cleared off of the bed, he will take their place and kill the player.
- Nightmare Foxy - The nightmare version of the Foxy animatronic. He will try to kill the player through the closet. He will start on the right hall with Nightmare Chica or the left hall with Nightmare Bonnie and, if he is able to access the bedroom, he will enter the closet. From this point for the rest of the night, the player must actively check and stop Foxy's attempts to leave the closet to attack the player.
- Nightmare Fredbear - The nightmare version of the Fredbear animatronic. He will replace the other animatronics on Night 5 and at 4 AM onwards on Night 6. He will assume the roles of all the animatronics and is much more aggressive in his attempt to harm the player.
- Nightmare - A much more aggressive animatronic than Nightmare Fredbear. Nightmare will replace all the animatronics at 4 AM onwards in Nightmare/Night 7 and in 20/20/20/20 mode/Night 8. Much like Fredbear, he will assume all the roles of the other animatronics.
- Plushtrap - A plush version of the Spring Bonnie animatronic (otherwise known as Springtrap). He only appears in the "Fun with Plushtrap" minigame between nights. He will attempt to attack the player by moving in the darkness. The player must shine the light to halt his movements and try to get him to stop on the "X" in front of them.
While the main goal of Five Nights at Freddy's 4 remains the same as its predecessors, the gameplay differs greatly in many aspects. The player has to survive each night from 12 AM to 6 AM. The player plays as a child inside a bedroom with two doors on the left and right of the room, a closet in front of the player, and a bed behind them. The player can run to the doors or the closet and can turn around to check the bed.
Clicking on any of the doors to the hallways will cause the player to run to that door. Here the player holds open the door slightly and can either shine the flashlight down the hallway or hold the door shut. If the player hears breathing at the door, they must hold the door shut until the animatronic leaves. If the player does not hear breathing, they are safe to shine the flashlight down the hall to try to ward off animatronics at the end of the halls. If the player shines the flashlight when they are breathing, they are attacked and killed by an animatronic resulting in a game over.
Clicking on the closet will cause the player to run to the closet. Here the player can shine the flashlight inside the closet to see if the Nightmare Foxy animatronic is inside. If the player sees Foxy, they must close the closet doors until Foxy has turned into a plush. Unlike the doors, the player will not be killed if they shine the light on Foxy but they must still ward him off as he will come out of the closet to attack the player.
Flicking the mouse downwards with cause the player to turn around to look at the bed. Here the player can flash their flashlight on the miniature Freddy animatronics that will sit on the bed. Flashing them with the light will cause them to retreat from the bed. Failure to keep the three miniature Freddy animatronics off the bed will eventually result in Nightmare Freddy attacking and killing the player. Flicking the mouse downwards again will cause the player to turn back in order to check the doors and closet again.
Between nights, the player takes control of a child in interactive cutscenes that take the form of an old school Atari-like game and plays a short minigame involving Plushtrap. The minigame "Fun with Plushtrap" is a simple timed minigame where the player must get Plushtrap to stop on the "X" in front of the them. The player can accomplish this by flashing their light on him to halt his movements and not shining the light in order to allow Plushtrap to move freely in the dark. If the player manages to get Plushtrap on the "X" then they will be rewarded with the first two hours of the next night being skipped. If the player fails to get him to land on the "X" or get attacked by him, they will not get the bonus and proceed to the next night as normal.
Like Five Nights at Freddy's 3, the game lacks a custom night mode.
After two teasers depicting Freddy Fazbear's hat and its disappearance, Five Nights at Freddy's 4 was formally revealed with a teaser of Nightmare Freddy teasing the subtitle "The Final Chapter" and an October 31, 2015 release. Teasers of Nightmare Bonnie, Nightmare Chica, Nightmare Foxy, a purple hat and bowtie, Nightmare Fredbear, and Plushtrap followed.
On July 12, 2015, YouTuber Dawko revealed that Scott Cawthon decided to change the release date to August 8, 2015 after discussing it with other YouTuber users through email. It was also revealed that Scott Cawthon plans on releasing a free update for the game that will go live on October 31, 2015 instead. Later on July 21, 2015, Dawko and fellow YouTuber Razzbowski revealed they were given early access demoes of the game that contained the first three nights. On July 23, 2015, more YouTuber users gained early access demoes and later that day the full game was released to the public through Steam. On July 25, 2015, a port of the game was released for Android.
On July 26, 2015, Scott posted an announcement on the Steam page for Five Nights at Freddy's 4 saying that the update being released on Halloween could be DLC or "something else entirely", but also stated that the content would not be a sequel or prequel.
- ↑ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottgames.fnaf4
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125324016595588359
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8zo9YXt2Cw
- ↑ http://gamerant.com/five-nights-at-freddys-4-release-date-dlc-550/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1rmfspsMvk
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7jlLmW3Zx0
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125323382515914308
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125324016591117689
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/125324016601749408
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 | Steam
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter | IndieDB
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 | Google Play Store
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (Android) | Amazon
|Five Nights at Freddy's series|
|Games||Five Nights at Freddy's • Five Nights at Freddy's 2 • Five Nights at Freddy's 3 • Five Nights at Freddy's 4: The Final Chapter|